readers are progressive, well educated and well informed. They are at the
leading edge of the group of people that has been dubbed "LOHAS",
which refers to those who want "Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability." Their
purchasing decisions are values-driven and significantly affected by their
concern about human and planetary health. They also have a high degree of
influence over others, and are, according to research, three times as likely as
the general population to influence and teach others about the benefits of green
products and services.
- 80% of Natural Life readers are women between the ages
of 35 and 55.
- 78% of readers hold a college or university
- 80% live in North America, with the majority in the U.S.A.
readers are green living and family oriented.
They are seeking information about organic food, clothing,
bedding, and household fabrics, as well as organic and environmentally-safe,
non-toxic household practices. They are committed to attachment parenting
practices and they educate their children in progressive ways like unschooling,
homeschooling, and democratic schooling.
- 85% have children living at home.
- 90% regularly buy organic produce.
- 95% regularly use natural remedies, herbs and supplements.
- 94% are concerned about the dangers of genetically
- 86% enjoy sustainable family-based outdoor leisure
activity and eco-touring.
readers are interested in green, energy-efficient living. They are homeowners
who are knowledgeable about environmentally-friendly,
energy-efficient practices that allow their families to be
self-reliant while decreasing their household’s ecological footprint.
- 90% have purchased green products for their homes in the
- 82% plan to purchase a fuel-efficient, hybrid, or
electric vehicle in the next year.
- 89% intend to make health or energy related improvements
to their homes.
- 75% would like to purchase or build an off-grid or
alternatively constructed home.
- 78% are avid organic gardeners, with many growing a
sizable portion of their family’s food.
- 96% regularly compost and recycle.
has been working with this type of reader for over three decades, ensuring that
they get the respect and information they need to live healthier, simpler, more
environmentally sustainable lives.
Statistics taken from periodic
random surveys of Natural Life readers and website visitors.